Ambrotype Repair Final: part 5 of 5

by John H
~1 minute


I finally finished the broken ambrotype right before Christmas. I needed it for a Christmas gift for my Aunt. She had broken the photo when she was a little girl about 60 years ago - and for Christmas she got it back looking like new - maybe even better than new. The process required lots of clone tool, heal tool, and artistic patience. Obviously if there was a crack you have to cover that crack up with parts of the image that aren't damaged. Repair takes time and a good eye. I think the final outcome was pretty good.

Below is the original damaged photo


Related Articles

MLB Spring Training 2015

I'm going to goto spring training again in 2015.  Below are the cities the Ball teams play at...

John H John H
~1 minute

Pirates Baseball Park - PNC Park

One of my favorite baseball parks is PNC Park in Pittsburgh.  Here's a photo of the park I took...

John H John H
~1 minute

How Toys are Painted

Designing for so many years makes you interested in how the final product is finished. I taught...

John H John H
2 minutes